This is yet another classic pasta recipe. This was my first time making it but it was a success. It was quick and easy. I made this for D and he enjoyed it, but then again, he’s biased. 😉
I wanted to cook with fresh clams but didn’t have time to scrub those little guys. Instead, I went with the canned kind, along used some white wine for the sauce. As long as you have fresh herbs and garlic, I think you’ll be fine. I didn’t use any cheese in the name of keeping the dish more healthy, but I would highly recommend using at least a little bit to add depth of flavor.
As an appetizer, I went with a no-fail classic: tomatoes with mozzarella and chiffonade basil, fresh cracked pepper and olive oil. Simple, delicious and best of all – doesn’t need heat!
Recipe: Linguini with clam sauce
Makes 3-4 servings
1 pound of dry linguini
1 cup of white wine
3 10 oz. cans of clams (updated – added more clams!)
3 shallots, diced
1 anchovy fillet, minced (or 2 teaspoons of anchovy paste)
3 cloves of fresh garlic, cut into strips
7-8 pieces of fresh leaf parsley, chiffonade
3-4 pieces of fresh basil, chiffonade
1/2 cup of Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Fresh cracked pepper
1. In a pan over high heat, saute shallots with a drizzle of olive oil until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.Drain clams and add to the pan. Add basil.
2. Lower heat to medium. Add minced anchovy fillet (or paste) and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add white wine and increase heat back to high. Cook for 7-8 minutes, until sauce has reduced.
4. Boil pasta according to package instructions. Cook the pasta al dente, making sure it does not overcook.
5. Once pasta has cooked, mix sauce with the pasta. Add parsley and cheese. Finish with some fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!